In the News
Stories about Mara Conservancy's projects: scroll down to see videos from CNN and National Geographic.
- Training Bloodhounds in Kenya Police K-9, Linda Porter, September 2010
- Masai Maran menestystarina GEO (Finland), Pirjo Itkonen, 8 July 2010
- Dogs Lead War Against Poaching The Standard, Leonard Korir, 31 October 2009
- The Great Migration: An Epic Journey CBS 60 Minutes, Scott Pelley, 4 October 2009
- The Great Migration (Video) CBS 60 Minutes, Scott Pelley, 4 October 2009
- The Wildebeest River is Running Dry The Independent, Daniel Howden, 10 August 2009
- Sale of land for votes puts Rift Valley forest and game parks at risk The Times, Tristan McConnell, 8 August 2009
- Spots and Stripes Forever Irish Times, Catherine Mack, 10 January 2009
- El 'credit crunch' llega al Pleistoceno El Mundo, Pablo Pardo, 10 December 2008
- Plan for radical shift in Mara business model Business Daily, Solomon Mburu, 4 December 2008
- En las entrañas del Africa furtiva El Mundo, Pablo Pardo, 31 August 2008
- Joseph Kimojino, un bloguero masai para salvar la migración del Serengeti El Mundo, Pablo Pardo. 25 July 2008
- The Plight of the Wildebeest: See Video Below CNN TV, David McKenzie. 18 July 2008
- The Plight of the Wildebeest CNN Article, David McKenzie. 18 July 2008
- Kenya's Epic Migration Under Threat CNN Blog, David McKenzie. 18 July 2008
- Poaching in the Masai Mara, Wild Chronicles: See Video Below National Georaphic, June 2008
- Kenias Wildparadies in Gefahr ZDF, 28 May 2008
- Life, Death and Twitter on the African Savannah Wired, Emily Meehan. 27 May 2008
- Africa Unscrambled: Saving the Masai Mara Independent Blogs, Steve Bloomfield. 30 April 2008
- Tourism Crash Threatens Big Cats BBC, 29 April 2008
- Masai return to their hunting grounds as tourism collapses Independent, Steve Bloomfield. 22 April 2008
- Kenya crisis strains human-animal balance in parks Reuters, Daniel Wallis. 10 April 2008
- Kenya Crisis Hits Game Mara Game Reserve Hard Reuters Blogs, Daniel Wallis. 10 April 2008
- Power of blogging helping Masai Mara wildlife Daily Telegraph, Mike Pflanz. 3 March 2008
The Plight of the Wildebeest, CNN, 18th July, 2008
- Adventures in the Mara Amanda & Chris are doing research on the Mara River
- Images of Wildlife Photographers Andrew and Sarah Skinner donate a percentage of their photographs sold online to the Mara Conservancy.
- Jackson Looseyia's Blog Jackson gives regular updates on the characters of BBC's Big Cat Diaries
- Koiyaki Guiding School The school provides education for local Maasai school leavers, leading to the Kenya Professional Safari Guides Association (KPSGA) Bronze and Silver level awards.
- Masai Mara Updates Updates from Maasai Guide Paul Kirui
- No Water No Life: Mara River Basin Expedition This project combines photography and science to raise public awareness of our freshwater crisis and sustainable management strategies.
- Ol Choro Oiroua Conservancy Ol Choro Oiroua is a 17,000 acre group ranch in the Maasai Mara. The landowners consist of 4 major families and 86 different owners. They make money from a 40$ park fee which is distibuted to each landower on a per acre basis.
- Maasai Dental Clinic Stop the flow of tourist candy into the Maasai Mara.
- Seiya Limited Kenyan organisation specialising in the holistic management of wildlife conservancies.
- Mara Elephant Project Elephant protection project bringing together researchers and conservationists in an effort to help secure the future of African elephants.
- Save the Elephants Elephant research project in Samburu partnering with Mara Elephant Project
Great Sites We Like
- African Environmental Film Foundation Environmental Education through Film, run by the lovely Mzee, Simon Trevor.
- Amoghavarsha Amoghavarsha visited the Mara Triangle and took some amazing photographs. His Indian wildlife photographs are must see.
- Anne K. Taylor Fund Anne K. Taylor Fund conserve and protect the Maasai Mara through their community work.
- Bio-Ken Snake Farm Amazing wealth of snake knowledge from Watamu
- Care for the Wild Care for the Wild have supported the Mara Conservancy for many years, and helps support many other projects all around the world.
- Christine et Michel Denis Huot Photographes Animaliers Stunning photographs by Christine and Michel, who visit the Mara Triangle every year. Our website's breathtaking photographs are taken by this talented couple. Please visit their website for the latest photographs from the Mara.
- Elephant Partners-Maasai Mara Check out the elephant ID and population census work in the Mara ecosystem through elephant partner's work.
- Kenya Travel Ideas For those of you who are planning your trip to Kenya, here is an excellent place to start.
- Renewable Energy Solutions Kenya From the detailed research on the production, management and processing of wood fuels. To new and original designs of charcoal and wood fueled stoves and ovens, Musaki Enterprises, continues to pioneer clean, affordable, energy alternatives to all people.
- Tribal Voice Communications Dr Cheryl and Manny Mvula have been a tremendous support to the Mara Conservancy and to the surrounding communities.